My daughter’s school, Dominion High School (DHS), is planning to hold a silent auction the evening of the Capitol Steps performance as additional fundraising to get the Theatre Department out of the red for all of the expenses associated with production. This idea has been very successful for DHS’s Choir Department so the Theatre Deparment wants to aim for equally successful results on Sunday, March 18th for DHS Theatre and ATLAS.
Do you have anything to donate? Local businesses that may have anything to donate for the Silent Auction, please contact Cristina Wyche at JkwMrw [@] aol.com.
Here are a few ideas:
- gift certificates, discounts, and coupons to restaurants, gaming stores, electronic stores, beauty salons, make up, specialty stores, music stores…anywhere where people shop
- gift certificates, discounts, and coupons to services – such as realtor services, tax services, printing services, golf lessons, music lessons, health services, consulting, makeovers, catering, jewelry…
- a certificate for a time share or travel opportunity to a vacation resort – skiing, beach, Disney, anywhere
- novelties – signed pictures of famous people, sports figures,
- china, platters, candles, framed pictures and photos, pitchers, glassware, serving silverware
- homemade items – baked goods, knitted blankets, flower arrangements, vases, pottery…
- electronics – game systems, TV’s, laptops, high-end or low-end electronics, headphones, earphones, cameras, video equipment, stereo equipment or accessories
- baby items – hand made blankets, monitors…
- teen items – tuxedo rentals for prom, make up, jewelry, electronics and gaming, computers, calculators, college preparation books or items
- baskets of any theme – such as 1, music and CD’s, 2. food and baked items, 3. cookware and recipe books, 4. books, any theme – such as travel, design, politcs, sports, arts, drama…
- rising college items – stuff kids put in dorms – shelving, lamps, bedding, storage units
If you have anything that you would be able to donate, ANYTHING at all….you may be surprised at how much it may draw for DHS Theatre!
Also, if you would be willing to help contact vendors to contribute donations, please contact Cristina Wyche at JkwMrw [@] aol.com.
Tags: Community Fundraisers